Monday, April 2, 2012

Update II: Broken Sigma Guitar

Someone appears to have stomped the shit out of our friend the Sigma guitar. The whole left side of the guitar is crushed now, and it's starting to look more and more like trash. However, in the meantime, it has attained a certain celebrity status, with many neighbourhood passers-by stopping for a glance, and many internet users like yourself coming to my blog to check its progress. Sadly, it has also become a receptacle for random trash, the latest being a juice box. 

Interestingly, the several bouts of pouring rain we have been experiencing lately seem to have had little to no effect on the wood, proving once again that Korean made Sigma guitars are not only beautiful, but tough as well. I am a little sad that someone chose to take out their aggression on (what's left of) this beautiful instrument, but on the other hand, I wouldn't have anything to write about otherwise. Stay tuned for more updates and random stuff from Korea!

2 comments:

  1. Could you save me the pick guard? the bridge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could try - the bridge seems to be glued on pretty well, ditto the pickguard. I'll take another look at them on my way to work this morning - perhaps the rain all night loosened them up a little...

      Delete